Principle 7 – Use a Community Relationship Conversion System (CRC)
Achieving Our Goals Through Social Marketing
There needs to be clear goals and objectives with our Social Marketing program. These we established in Principle 1 – Have a Sound Purpose and Plan on a Platform of Thought Leadership. Since social by definition means people, “who prefer to live in subdivisions of society, in communities – to interact, communicate, to share their common interests, to influence involvement and recommend purchase behaviors”, we need a way to tract our engagement process to the point where people become involved, sponsor or purchase. We can set Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as measurement data points to aid us in determining where we are in the process of engaging people to the point of become supporters, members or customers. We do all of this through a Community Relationship Conversion System (CRC).
Marketing itself can be divided into three general communication areas (MKT + WOM + WOW) as defined in Principle 4 – Identify People’s Communication Channel Preferences. Marketing has also been classified as Inbound and Outbound in nature. Whatever marketing communication strategy is implemented the results in the engagement process needs to be measured. And the ultimate measurement objective should be conversions of customers, funders, volunteers and members.
Follow Up Social Marketing Research Articles and Blogs to Come
- What are they?
- How can we establish progressive conversion steps?
- What is a “Call to Action” and why is it important?
Measuring Success Through Analytics
- What criteria to measure?
- Ways to measure it?
- How to use the data to make important business decisions.
- Recommended analytic programs.
Public and Private Communities
- What are the differences?
- Ways to communicate in the FREE public social communities.
- How to get your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn connections to join your private social community?
- How do I inspire members / clients / customers to become part of a private community?
Ways to Use Private Communities
- B2C – Business to Consumer. Where individual users, owners, buyers and customers can participate in the discussions, comments and opportunities to effect product features, developments, updates and uses. Customers want to be heard, know that their opinions are being listened to and where appropriate to the business, their ideas implemented in new products and features.
- B2B – Business to Business. For a collaborative environement for supporting store managers, offices, sales agents or representatives. Another example would be a community to support network, multi-level, MLM marketing teams.
Community Relationship Conversion System (CRC)
- What is?
- How does it compare to a Customer Relationship Managment (CRM) System?
- What role does Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) play in the website conversion process?
What about Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns?