Principle 6 – Follow a 6-Step Community Engagement Process
Communicating with others through Social Media Marketing channels is not a Willy Nilly approach, but a purposeful procedure to guide the relationship through a process which ultimately gains them as a loyal customer. (Principle 6 working in cooperation with Principle 5 – Nurture Social Relationships)
Why do we need an engagement strategy? Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia states;
“Engagement is a marketing strategy that directly engages consumers and invites and encourages consumers to participate in the evolution of a brand. Rather than looking at consumers as passive receivers of messages, engagement marketers believe that consumers should be actively involved in the production and co-creation of marketing programs.
Ultimately, engagement marketing attempts to connect more strongly consumers with brands by “engaging” them in a dialogue and two-way, cooperative interaction.”
Having social contacts in an engagement relationship is more valued than simply a discussion or dialog. Engagement indicates a more serious endeavor and a mutual commitment. Think about being engaged in a consulting contract, to be married or, hate to say, warfare. If we are to invest our time in the implementation of social media marketing then we best be looking to be engaged to our prospects and customers.
Follow Up Social Marketing Research Articles and Blogs to Come
Listening and Following
- What is the difference between someone listening to you and following you?
- What does it mean?
- Why is it important?
- What are some of the most important commitments to engagement have we made in our life and business?
- How can we measure it?
The Six Steps
- What is awareness?
- Who should we Listen to and Follow?
- How do we get people to Listen and Follow us?
- Capturing people’s attention to listen, inspiring them to act. How we can listen for sales opportunities?
- What is Persuasion?
- How do we create dialog so people will engage us in conversation?
- How do inspire people to become part of our Private Social Network?
- What is the “Art of Conversation”?
- How do we maintain “Trust” with our customers?
“Inviting is Marketing” ©
- What is “Inviting is Marketing” © all about and why is it marketing?
- What are some inviting strategies?
- How can we apply it to expand our network?
- How do we invite others to create opportunities and expand our network?
- How can we position ourselves to be invited by others to gain greater exposure?
Contact Ed Woods for further information on this topic.
Links to the Seven Principles of Social Marketing 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 – 7